Thanks to Volunteers, Donors, and Humble ISD!
If you are an OFE Growers volunteer you might
- teach or supervise 5th grade students in a gardening class
- promote the 5th grade gardening program to 2nd graders
- make possible an Arbor Day celebration and tree planting
- collect or manage bags of pine needles and other leaves
- plant or mulch natural areas
- prepare a raised bed for planting
- plan or build raised beds, trellises, and paved areas
- remove tree stumps or prune vines, trees, or shrubs
- repair or build fences, garden shed, potting tables, benches, compost bins, or rainwater harvesting system
- install or repair irrigation
- wash gardening gloves
- sharpen pruners
- plant, weed, water, or harvest
- make a dish for the harvest festival or another student party
- make jam or other preserves to fund OFE Growers, Inc.
- apply for grants to fund OFE Growers, Inc.
- write or edit the 5th grade student gardening handbook or class slideshow presentation
- write articles for the OFE Growers newsletter
- maintain a web page
- serve on the OFE Growers board
- plant your first organic vegetable garden at home
If you would like to know more about our organization or would like to volunteer you may directly contact OFE Growers Board President Mrs. Brooke Smart at firstname.lastname@example.org.